Indoor Cycling Experience
ICE is our Indoor Cycling classes that take place in the back room of the Cycle Alaska Shop. We love bikes and know that just because its Winter, you dont want to stop riding. Whether you just want to keep your legs in cycling shape or your ready to train for a Spring ride or race, we want to help you reach those goals. Our Instructors share the same passion for riding, and during the summer months you will see them out riding the roads and trails of Juneau. They are experienced on the bike outside and inside, so you are sure to get a good workout at whatever level you are riding.
Instructors and Classes
A little bit about our Indoor Cycling Experience....
We ride on the Cyclops Pro 300 bikes. These are a lot different than the usual gym bikes in that they feel and ride like a real bike. Each bike has a computer head on it that will track your distance, time, watts, cadence and heart rate (heart rate straps not provided). They are also fully adjustable to fit each rider, so please show up 15 minutes early for your first class and your Instructor will help you get fitted on the bike. We will also provide you with a fit card to record your measurements for future classes, making it quick and easy to get set up.
A few suggestions for your Indoor Cycling Experience:
- Bikes are set up with dual pedals; clipless and cages. Clip in cycling shoes are recommended but they are not necessary.
- Cycling chamois shorts are recommended and/or work out gear. (We do carry bike shorts — check out the Shop).
- All bikes are equipped with computers that are Heart Rate compatible with ANT+ Heart Rate Sensors. HR Straps are available for purchase from the Shop.
- Bring a water bottle, we do have cups and water available for refills.
- Space is limited and reserving is recommended.
Most of all, we just hope you show up and have some fun with us! Its your ride and you can make it as easy or as hard as you like.
Want to get some more cycling in but you cant make it to another class? Come in and create your own ride, pace and length, its all up to you! Our bikes are available during certain times for you to use when you need to get that workout in. There are no instructors present, this is self guided and you are responsible for cleaning the bike when finished. You must have attended at least one class prior to doing open cycling so that you have been fitted properly and been instructed on the use of bikes.